Designing an "under the sea" themed bathroom can be a fun and imaginative project, bringing elements of the ocean into your home. Here are some ideas to help you create this theme:
1. Wallpaper: Consider using wallpaper depicting underwater scenes, such as coral reefs, schools of fish, crabs, or seashells. This can instantly transform the space and create an immersive undersea atmosphere.
Link to see all my sea themed wallpapers: Under the Sea Collection – Sorbet Dreams
2. Colour Scheme: Use a color palette inspired by the ocean—shades of blue and green for the walls, with accents of orange and white to represent sea life. Consider incorporating aqua or turquoise to mimic the colours of the water.
3. Nautical Elements: Incorporate nautical elements like ropes, anchors, and other sea themed hooks for your towels. These details can add authenticity to the theme. (Whale hook from Notonthehighstreet)
4. Seashell Décor: Use seashells as decorative elements. You can display them in jars or bowls, or even use larger shells as soap dishes or holders for bathroom essentials. (Shell dish soap from John Lewis)
5. Ocean-Inspired Accessories: Look for accessories that evoke an oceanic feel, such as a shower curtain featuring waves or marine life, bath mats with a beach theme, or ocean-themed artwork. (Crab bath mat from George Asda)
6. Lighting: Install lighting that mimics the dappled sunlight or underwater ambiance. Consider using blue-tinted bulbs or fixtures that create a soft, calming glow.
7. Bath Accessories: Towels, bathrobes, and shower curtains with sea-themed patterns or prints can enhance the underwater ambiance. (Shell bath towels from Marks and Spencers)
8. Fish Tank or Aquarium: If space allows, consider adding a small fish tank or aquarium to bring a real underwater element into the room. Ensure it's suitable for the bathroom environment and easy to maintain.
9. Beachy Flooring: Choose flooring that complements the theme, such as pebble-style tiles or flooring that resembles beach sand. You can also opt for blue mosaic tiles to mimic the look of water.
10. Accents and Details: Add finishing touches like ocean-scented candles, ocean-inspired soaps or bath products, or even a few decorative buoys or life rings for a maritime touch. (Sea salt candle from The White Company)